Monday, January 2, 2012

New Year, New Goals

If you're anything like me, you have intentions of being organized but don't always have the time. And you would think with my OCD (diagnosed, not self prognosed) that organization is something that would come easy to me. So what do you do to make it happen? My first plan for the week is to master time management via scheduling. Instead of my usual ADD hopping from one thing to another and then back to the first thing, there will be a time slot for EVERYTHING, including bathroom breaks:). Then I plan on tackling my son's playroom/landfill. It's gotten way out of hand in there and the kid has enough shit to open his own toy store/used car lot (let's just say he's not hurting for "transportation"). After that, I'll move on to closets and dressers, which really won't take all that long because they're not that bad but I'll feel better once they're done. There's also gonna be time slots dedicated to working, planning, writing and blogging so that I can complete my day and be able to do whatever I want to by 6pm every night. Now here's the big project: I have found TONS of old rolls of film at my mother's house and I'm talking pictures from most of my childhood, that havent been developed. And millions of pictures that need to be organized and put into albums. I also have a lot of my own pictures and videos on the computer that i'd like to print out and put in albums. So the plan is buy albums, develop films, and organize all pictures in these albums. This will be a Christmas gift for the entire family next year because it will literally probably take that long to do it all. My pics won't be as time consuming because my OCD already had them in month/year folders on the computer. The videos will be alot of work. Do you have several 1-5 minute snippets from events you've recorded? Probably not news to anyone but me because I'm slightly technologically handicapped but on media player on the computer, you can make movies. You can take all those short snippets and make one big movie!! You can add background music, slideshow, etc. Save it and then burn it to a DVD!! This is going to be fun!! So good luck to you all in the next year and I hope God rains down blessings on you all!! Get organized with me!! I'd love to hear your suggestions!!