Sunday, December 4, 2011

Black Friday Weekend



So Thanksgiving went off without a hitch. We had a wonderful dinner with family (grandparents from both sides of my family, aunts, uncles, cousins, boyfriend, our kid, and my "stepkids". Dinner consisted of turkey and dressing, broccoli and rice casserole, mashed potatoes, gravy, green bean casserole, corn casserole, deviled eggs, candied yams and an assorment of delicious desserts. Despite my stomach virus, I was able to consume all of the goodies without any problems. After dinner was over, the guests were gone, food put away and dishes were cleaned, we settled in for an evening of watching the tootsie roll (aka my son, Tucker) jump in the bounce house, in the living room. We looked over the Black Friday sale ads and watched the Lady Ga Ga Thanskgiving special (if I haven't mentioned, I absolutely LOVE her).Friday afternoon we set out on our shopping adventure. I'm not a morning person and doorbusters are certainly not going to make mornings any better for me!! So we hit up Bass Pro, the ATT store, lunch/dinner at a wonderful little mexican food restaurant, and Walmart. Mamma took off to Bingo that night and Tucker and I enjoyed our evening alone watching Christmas cartoons. (if I haven't mentioned, Tucker and I are living with my parents for the time being and my dad and brother had gone hunting for the weekend. Peaceful bliss!!)Saturday morning was another adventure, as we hit up dollar stores in search of Christmas decor and we actually found some really cute stuff at a great price!! Where else would a hillbilly princess shop for decorations?!?! Sunday morning found us back at Bass Pro for the tootsie roll's picture with Santa. After last year's cluster f&*k, I decided to get there early this year. Got the picture, entered a drawing and WON!! So I consider that a successful weekend: shopping and decorating!! So here's what I scored on our shopping trip:

Drawing Prize: The Strike by Basspro, hours of family entertainment Hillbilly Princess Wardrobe Must-Have: Basspro Hoodie in Winter Pink
Wine Glass of Choice: Mossy Oak Breakup Coffee Mug
Picture of Tucker and Santa Claus, Priceless; Light-up Keepsake picture frame with Basspro's name on it, $14

We got a lot of other things too like a Cars 2 toddler back pack, Cars 2 the movie, marshmallow shooter for the "stepson", Moon Pies, Christmas decorations, pink LED flashlight, Bath and Body Works Be Enchanted, (which smells like heaven and cotton candy!!) and alot more. Oh and we also got free fishing lures JUST for entering the drawing!! Double score, free stocking stuffers!! And the tootsie roll did some shopping of his own but he'll have to wait to see if Santa gets a Christmas bonus this year :)
He hollered it's mine and hopped on!!